Cookies are small informational files that are stored in your web browser. These files contain personal information regarding your retail experience that better help us tailor and improve your overall shopping or browsing encounter with GJP Flooring Limited. The data gathered through the usage of cookies is stored securely on our website and all data is anonymous and confidential.
The utilization of cookies has been proven to be a safe and effective way for businesses to conduct transactions and individually tailor a user’s experience of the business’s website. At GJP Flooring Limited, we are committed to making your time with us worthwhile and streamlined for ease of use. This may include displaying products in which we think you may have an interest, welcoming back returning customers with current sales and promotions of note, or helping connect you more easily with items that we feel you may enjoy.
If the usage of cookies is concerning to you, there are ways in which you can control the cookies stored on your computer’s web browser. In May of 2011, UK regulations changed in order to make it easier for you to control cookies and which sites can and cannot have access to your information. An amendment to the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive states that specific information relating to cookies must be presented to users visiting websites that utilize cookies. The new regulations are located in the amendment to regulation six. The following is a loose translation of the legal wording of the amendment.
A person is prohibited from storing or collecting information, or accessing stored information, on the computer equipment of a subscriber/user unless the following requirements are satisfied.
- The subscriber/user of the computer is given clear, concise, and thorough information about the reasons for the storage of the subscriber/user’s information and access to it.
- The subscriber/user of the computer must give his or her approval.
- When a computer is used as part of a network or shared with another individual(s), and the same aforementioned subscriber/user uses this computer on more than one occasion, the conditions of initial use are met according to this regulation.
- Consent may be indicated by a subscriber/user who alters or sets controls on his or her internet browser which the subscriber/user uses; consent may also be signified via another application or programme designed for this purpose
A person is NOT prohibited from storing or collecting information:
- for the lone function of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or
- where such storage or access is absolutely essential for the provision of an information society service requested by the subscriber/user.
If at any time a user does not want any websites to obtain his or her information, there is always the option of deleting cookies. To do this, you must first identify the type of web browser you are using to access our site. For example, if you are using Internet Explorer 9, you should open a browser window and click on “Tools.” Under “Safety,” click on “Delete Browser History.” Check the “Cookies” option and click “Delete.” Most browsers utilize a similar technique to disable and delete cookies; for a full list of browsers and instructions on how to delete cookies files, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2.
Some Purposes of Cookies
The overall aim of cookies is to help us show you products you will enjoy so that we may better streamline your time on our site. Each individual bit of cookies data has a unique purpose to aid us in accomplishing this goal. The following is a list of purposes cookies serve. Please note that this is only a partial list.
- Shopping basket — When you add an item to your shopping basket, cookies allows you to save that item to your basket and continue with your browsing of the website
- Session cookies — A session is defined as each visit you make to our website, and there are special cookies designed to track how long you’ve stayed on our site, where your session is originating, etc.
- Cookies for analysis and research — There are a few different cookies that help us collect your data so that we may better identify trends, layout, and marketing forecasts; you are completely anonymous and the information is gleaned mainly from statistical readings
Allowing Us to Use Our Cookies